I hope you all had a relaxing and safe weekend! Believe it or not, it’s already time for another monthly recap post, and I decided to switch up the format a little. I love how Lizzie from Lizzie in Lace does her month in review blog posts, so I wanted to test out her layout in an attempt to write less… You all know I can be so wordy. Be sure to let me know how you like this format in the comments at the end of this post! Now without further ado, here is October’s lil’ recap.
- I’m finally in the process of officially declaring Geography as my second major (Criminology is my primary major).
- I finally reapplied to the ShopStyle affiliate marketing program and was accepted this time! So now I can start making a small commission off all my links.
- I spent yesterday afternoon taking blog photos on campus, and the sweetest girl approached me to ask why I was taking pictures. I told her about my blog and she became SO excited! She told me she loves fashion and started asking about my blog and the school (she was a prospective student). It completely made my night!
- The internet came back on Saturday night (you can read about the debacle here), just in time to watch a scary movie for Halloween.
- I’ve decided to rock the middle part these last few days. Usually I’m all for the side part, but I’ve been feeling mighty sassy with my 70s chic middle part. Do you ever like to switch up your hair??
Favorite Outfits from October
- This purple and black “mask fashion” outfit gave me all the cool-girl vibes. I mean, how can lace-up pants not be cool??
- I was obsessed with how this edgy camo outfit turned out with the studded leather jacket. Admittedly, I haven’t worn this look outside of the blog yet, but I can’t wait to!
- I also love how today’s outfit turned out. I can’t believe I never thought to pair this tee and skirt together before, but I love the pattern mixing.
What I Bought
- High-waisted black straight-leg jeans from Express. I don’t have any high-waisted pants but I do have a lot of crop tops… so I’ll be excited to actually wear those crop tops now (and not show mid-drift).
- I also got these cropped flared high-waisted jeans from Express while on sale. Both of these jeans are very out of my comfort zone, so hopefully I like them! They’re supposed to arrive today.
What I Watched + Read
- I’ve been binging “Jane the Virgin” all month long on Netflix. I’m really close to finishing now, but it’s a light-hearted, romantic show. I’ve been loving it, and the fashion is good too!
- My boyfriend and I started watching “The Crown” during our Tuesday night dinners. We’re only a few episodes in, but it’s really interesting so far.
- I watched It with my roommate on Halloween, and it was terrifying! (I’m a huge scaredy-cat.) We’re planning on watching the second one at some point, too.
- I’m currently reading the book Big Chicken: The Incredible Story of How Antibiotics Created Modern Agriculture and Changed the Way the World Eats for a project in my Sustainability class. I’m very interested in the overuse of antibiotics in livestock, so this book has been fascinating so far (albeit gross at times).
Quote of the Month
- Last Month’s Quote: “It doesn’t take a lot of strength to hang on… It takes a lot of strength to let go.”
- November’s Quote: “Enthusiasm is common. Endurance is rare.” -Angela Duckworth
- Last Month’s Goals: I had two big goals last month—to make an all-encompassing game plan for my blog (what are my long-term goals and due dates?) and to have my best blog month ever in terms of views/visitors… I didn’t accomplish either. As some of you may have noticed, I took October off from all social media, and I was very interested to see what kind of negative consequences that decision would have on my blog traffic. I’m pleasantly surprised to say that while I didn’t beat my best month ever, I tied for the number of visitors and was only about 300 views short! Even though I didn’t reach my goal, I’m still proud and excited to have gotten so close.
- November’s Goals: For the month of November, I want to finish making the blogging plan I started last month, which should be a lot more manageable considering the school quarter is coming to an end soon. Heck, I also want to have my best blogging month ever in November—for real this time!
Most Popular Posts from October
- What Sewing Has Taught Me About Fashion
- The Best and Worst Fall Fashion Trends
- The Thrifty Six: ‘Check’ Out Our Preloved Style
What I’m Looking Forward to in November
- My birthday!!!
- Going home and seeing my parents.
- Finishing up this tough quarter of classes.
- My mom’s cooking (and not having to cook myself!).
Did anything exciting or interesting happen to you in October? And what are you looking forward to in November? Usually I’m a strict “No Christmas until after Thanksgiving” kind of person, but this year, I’m soooo ready for the holiday season.
Let me know what you think of this new format for monthly recap posts, and have a wonderful start to your week!
Miles of smiles,
Green Stripe Tee: Down East Style, $18, last worn here | Green Military Jacket: Nordstrom Rack, $30, last worn here | Plaid Skirt: Cabi, $89, last worn here | Brown Booties: DSW, $35, last worn here | Maroon Circle Purse: Nordstrom Rack, $50, last worn here