Yasss, this Cabi skirt is back for round two. Don’t you love it? I’m so smitten with how this outfit turned out, especially in pictures. The white flowers in the background are so pretty! Anyways, I wore this look to school a few weekends ago, but it’s perfect for low-key evening plans, going to a movie, getting lunch with the girls, etc.
I’ve always thought it would be interesting to get in the heads of my favorite fashion bloggers and know what they think when coming up with outfits, so I’m trying that out today for all of you—a step-by-step of how I arrived at this look. Let’s get started!
1. I was feeling in the mood to wear a skirt (most likely because my pants were dirty and my legs happened to be shaved), so I started with this new(ish) Cabi striped skirt that got so many compliments the first time I wore it (seen here).
2. It was kind of gloomy outside, so I gravitated towards grey. I also wanted to be comfy, so the tee was my next choice.
3. The outfit felt pretty boring so far! I considered my options for accessories and hair styling.
4. I threw my hair in a low messy bun and let the wispies fly—keeping your hair a little messy is a great way to add some edge to your look.
5. I browsed my jewelry box and decided on this black choker and layered Boho Betty bracelet (on which you can get a discount with my code at the bottom of the post) but only after trying on many variations of layered necklaces. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get to the right combination, but that’s alright!
P.S. Chokers and stacked arm candy are such an easy way to make your look more punk. 🙂
6. I picked some edgy, black sandals to match. I get so much wear out of these sandals, and they went perfectly with the skirt. Plus they’re super comfy, and at the base of this outfit was comfort.
7. I topped off the look with my black crossbody from Francesca’s, which I think really tied the whole outfit together. The steam-punk looking chain and metal elephant added one final element of edge. Mixed metals, chokers, and studs are what define a punk look to me.
And there you have it! That’s basically what went through my head when deciding on this outfit. What tips or accessories do you use to make a look edgy? What goes through your mind when getting dressed? I’d love to know in the comments below! (Hey, that rhymed.)
Have a great Wednesday everyone. 🙂
Miles of smiles,
T-Shirt: Arizona via JCPenney, $6, last seen here, buy here // Skirt: Cabi, $90, last seen here, similar here // Shoes: Arturo Chiang via Dillard’s, $30, last seen here // Purse: Francesca’s, $20, last seen here, similar here // Bracelet: Boho Betty USA, $20, last seen here, shop here and use code GRACEFUL_RAGS for 20% off your purchase