Spring has finally sprung in Denver! We got a few rain showers last week (with a handful more on the horizon), and overnight the trees have bloomed. It smells wonderful outside—it’s just hard to be in a bad mood when the weather is so nice! And when you’re in a killer outfit, obviously.
- You may recall that I got permanent jewelry, a bracelet, at the beginning of March. (Permanent jewelry means they weld the bracelet closed right on your wrist so that you don’t have to remember to put it on and can never lose it.) I’m now almost two months in and am still loving it! At first, I thought I got the bracelet put on too tight and it was driving me nuts… I’m not used to wearing jewelry to bed or in the shower. But now? I never even notice it’s there anymore, just a subtle sparkle on my wrist.
- I just switched my work schedule, so this is the first week where I’ll be working from home on Mondays and Fridays instead of commuting to the office every day. I’m planning to use that saved time at the beginning and end of the week to workout and finally get back into an exercise routine! I’m looking forward to this change and am excited to not have to deal with traffic every day of the week.
- I’m also trying a new hairstyle today. I saw someone wearing her hair like this on Instagram yesterday and decided to go for it on a whim. I’m not sure it would pair with every outfit, but I really like how it looks with this summery navy ensemble! And it’s cute with my earrings.
How stinking cute is this outfit?? It was gifted to me by Clara Sunwoo, a mother-daughter design duo that I first introduced in this post. I didn’t expect to love the outfit as much as I do, but I feel so confident in it! It’s perfect for spring and summer.
Since I chose more of a resort wear look last time, I really wanted to try some of their cute trousers this go around. I was surprised to realize the fabric feels more like a legging than a proper pant—they’re so comfy but I was concerned at first that I wouldn’t be able to wear them to work (too tight across the booty). However, after some thinking, I decided I can wear them to the office as long as I dress them up with the right kind of blouse and/or jacket. They’re definitely the kind of pants you want to wear with a thong, though—they don’t hide much. I sized down to an XS in both the top and bottoms and they fit great!
Top Performing April Blog Posts
Favorite Outfits from April
I really upped my workwear game this month and these are two of my favorite looks. I’m not usually one to wear monochrome, but the off-white lace blouse paired beautifully with my thrifted tweed pencil skirt. So chic and timeless! I also love the outfit on the right, a little pop of yellow perfect for spring.
What I Watched
- “Better Call Saul”—I loved this show, even more than “Breaking Bad”. The characters are fascinating and complex, the plot is sound, and the writing somehow convinces you to root for the main characters even though they are objectively bad people. You still have to watch “Breaking Bad” first, but I can’t recommend this spinoff enough!
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie—This movie, on the other hand, you can definitely skip out on… I thought it was really boring and didn’t add anything interesting to the “Breaking Bad” storyline.
- Suzume—I saw this anime in theaters with a couple of friends. It was fine, a little slow in parts. But by far the best part of the movie was the absolutely stunning animation! Magical and otherworldly.
- “You” Season 4—I finally got around to watching the newest season of this serial killer drama. I didn’t think I would like it very much since the last season felt so similar to the two before, but I’m glad they switched up the plot a little this time around. Also, Charlotte Ritchie is my lady crush so I very much enjoyed seeing her and all her outfits.
- “Beef”—My boyfriend and I just finished watching this dark comedy about road rage and it was SO weird. Definitely not everyone’s cup of tea, but I have to admit that I liked it. It kept us guessing until the very end!
- “Love is Blind” Season 4—I hate that I find this show very entertaining to watch in the background… though this season’s people were particularly cringy. Who was your favorite couple?
April Spotify Playlist
“Beef” had such a good soundtrack that several of the songs made their way into my Spotify playlist for April, as well as a few other tunes from the shows I’ve been watching. It’s a short playlist this month but you can listen here.
What I’m Looking Forward to in May
- May is going to be a very busy month for me! My aunt and I are going to the Denver Mini Derby this Saturday, which I’m beyond excited about. I scored us influencer passes and can’t wait to share pics of the event and our outfits!
- Later in the month, my coworkers and I are going to a Rockies baseball game downtown as a little team bonding experience. I’ve been to a few Rockies games over the years, most recently with my dad for Father’s Day, and they’re always a fun outing. I love getting to know my colleagues outside of the office!
- I’ll also be participating in an entrepreneurship event at my alma mater in a few weekends. In the fall of my senior year, I set up a booth for Graceful Rags on the campus green and talked about what it’s like to be an influencer with interested students. I saw the University of Denver is hosting another entrepreneurship fair, so I reached out to see if they would accept alumni participants! I’m excited to get back on campus and feel inspired by other young creatives.
This Month on Graceful Rags
- Weekly Recap #13, 2023
- Vacation Ready with Clara Sunwoo
- Weekly Recap #14, 2023
- March 2023 Month in Review
- Weekly Recap #15, 2023
- On-Screen Style Icons
- What I Wore in Puerto Rico
- Celebrate Derby Day at the Denver Mini Derby
- Weekly Recap #16, 2023
- Blazing Into Spring
Can you believe it’s May already?! What are you looking forward to in the new month? Let me know in the comments below!
Miles of smiles,
Halter Blouse: Clara Sunwoo, gifted by brand, purchase here | Navy Pants: Clara Sunwoo, gifted by brand, purchase here | Nude Heels: Amazon, $46 ($5.11 per wear), last worn here | Black Sunglasses: Charming Charlie, $7 ($0.24 per wear), last worn here | Purse: Shop LC, gifted by brand, last worn here, purchase here