I’m sharing one final summery outfit before the temps permanently drop for the year! I read a headline this morning that said today has been the coldest weather in Denver since May, and the fall vibes feel oh-so-good (although the overcast skies definitely make it difficult to be productive). September has been such an exciting month, but I do wish time would slow down a bit. This is my final quarter on the DU campus and in Denver, so I’m trying to soak it up as much as I can—I’m feeling the pressure of my days here being numbered. In case you’ve missed some of my recent posts, here’s what I’ve been up to this month!
- I moved back to school in the middle of the month to start my senior year of college—still so hard to believe. I was kind of dreading coming back to school this fall because so many things have changed since the spring, but it didn’t take me long to fall back in love with the feeling of being on campus. I am so grateful to be here, to be back in fully in-person classes, and for all the exciting new beginnings and opportunities that come with being a senior.
- I started writing for the Clarion again. The Clarion is the University of Denver’s student newspaper, and I wrote articles for the Arts and Life Section for a couple months my freshman year. Writing for the newspaper adds four or five hours to my workload every week, and in some ways I kind of dread doing it; I’m always pushing off writing until Friday afternoon before the deadline at midnight. Yet, it’s always so exciting and challenging to produce a final product—I guess that’s what keeps me coming back for more. You can check out my first article here about changing marijuana regulations in the Denver area. Should I pitch an article about fashion?? It might be fun to interview students about their campus style (or lack thereof).
- I crossed two items off my bucket list this past month: seeing a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater and finally hiking a 14,000+ ft. mountain. I feel like I’m now racing the clock to do all the Colorado things I’ve been trying to do the past three years…
Top Blog Posts from September
Favorite Outfits from September
- I absolutely LOVE this colorful, geometric dress that my parents thrifted for me. I paired it with simple black accessories for those late summer nights, but I think it would look really cute with a black pleather jacket and booties come fall.
- Of course, I had to include this saucy look that I posted in collaboration with the designer Jet Noire! Y’all seemed to love it on Instagram, and I can’t wait to wear the top ‘out on the town’ when my friend comes to visit me in a few weeks.
What I Watched
- “Outerbanks: Season 2”—I know this is an angsty teen drama, and while I liked the first season despite its stupidness, I thought the second season was just dumb… and honestly kind of boring. I had a hard time getting through it.
- “The Mindy Project”—Okay, my mom and I first watched this show several years ago, but at the beginning of September, we realized we hadn’t seen at least the last season yet. However, since it had been a while, we ended up rewatching a few seasons we had already seen just to jog our memories. I love Mindy Kaling’s style and her humor, but I think her character really degrades throughout the seasons. It was still a fun pastime for my mom and me during my last few days at home, though.
- “Sex Education: Season 3”—I absolutely love this show. I think it’s so funny, it has beautiful sets, and I love the characters. Season 3 definitely did not disappoint—my only complaint is that I wish it had lasted more than eight episodes! What happened to the good old days where seasons were 20-30 episodes long?
Quote of the Month
- September’s Quote: “There are seven days in a week and ‘someday’ is not one of them.” -Benny Lewis
- October’s Quote: “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
What I’m Looking Forward to in October
- One of my best friends is visiting for a weekend in the middle of the month! I’m so excited to see her and show her around Denver. I’m trying to brainstorm all the best things for us to do, and I will probably share a Denver Favorites post after her visit.
- Allllllll the fall activities. Fall is my favorite season (basic, I know), so I’m looking forward to the changing leaves, sweater weather, curling up on the couch on overcast days, haunted houses, and of course, pumpkin patches and carving. I’m still at a loss for what to dress up as for Halloween—if you have any suggestions, let me know! You know how I love my costumes.
- Crossing items off my senior year bucket list. Yes, I have a master bucket list that I’ve been working on since probably the fifth grade, which includes lots of travel, life experiences, etc. But naturally, I also had to create a bucket list specific to senior year, in order to help me live it up during these last few weeks on a college campus. Eeek! It’s so scary, yet exciting, to think I will be joining the ‘real world’ so soon. I don’t know where the time goes.
This Month in 2018: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes: The Big Chop (And Why You Should Too) | Why I Don’t Wear Makeup | My Dorm Room Tour! | Undeclared and Proud
I wore this outfit several weeks ago when my dad and I went to an outdoor concert in downtown Boise. I got this navy gingham dress from the cutest Las Vegas consignment store over the summer and can picture so many ways to style it—like with a bold red lip and accessories for the 4th of July to pairing it with a denim jacket and sneakers for fall. It’s so stinking cute, complete with buttons all the way down the front!
What are you most proud of accomplishing this past month, and what goals are you setting for October? I would love to get back into journaling over the next few weeks. I always have so much on my mind and have found that writing down those thoughts helps me stay focused during classes and fall asleep easier at nighttime (I also imagine it saves my family and friends from having to listen to my random rants). Although it takes extra time out of my day, I think journaling is a good practice to get into—that’s what my goal for October will be.
As always, thanks for stopping by the blog today! And be sure to add your most recent posts to the linkup above.