And just like that, another month has come and gone! In less than two weeks, I will be finishing my junior year of college and starting my final summer break ever *shocked face*. There’s so much I’m looking forward to in June, and it’s exciting—though very bittersweet—to soak in these last few days with my graduating friends before they leave me forever (there will be tears). But with that said, I’ve had so much fun this past month and know that the next few weeks will be extremely busy, yet extremely worth it. Here’s to a great June!
- I mentioned in April’s month in review blog post that I wanted to hike a 14-ft mountain and eat Rocky Mountain Oysters sometime in the month of May. Well, neither of those things ended up happening, for various reasons. But I’m not disappointed at all because I squeezed SO many other fun activities into this past month! I went camping at Great Sand Dunes National Park, went to my first happy hour with a girlfriend, attended a graduation party, spent so much time with my dad, and just got back today from a weekend trip to my boyfriend’s home. I am so grateful for such a full and fun month.
- Has anyone noticed that I stopped signing blog posts with my go-to signature “Miles of smiles”? I suddenly realized I am probably too old for that valediction, even though it has been the only way I’ve signed letters since at least the third grade… Not gonna lie, it has caused a bit of an identity crisis, but I’m getting over it. Now I will just boringly sign my blog posts “Grace” until I can think of something better.
Top Blog Posts from May
What I Purchased
- Now that everything is opening back up again, I’ve noticed that I have been spending way too much money going out with my friends. I tried to rein in the spending this month and only purchased this floral romper from a local consignment shop for May’s Thrifty Six collab. I’m so glad I bought it, though, because it’s absolutely adorable for the summertime. I already wore it out once to happy hour with my friend and have found myself reaching for it every time I have plans!
Favorite Outfits from May
- I have not felt proud of very many of my blog posts this month… which is a yucky feeling. But, I loved how my Florals with the Thrifty Six post turned out and thought the outfit was so cute, especially with the yellow shoes (are you noticing a theme around this floral romper?!).
- I also really liked the Pinterest-inspired look from my Unpopular Fashion Opinions blog post, even though the outfit isn’t really spring-appropriate.
What I Watched + Listened To
- Friends with Benefits—I needed a mindless rom-com to play in the background one night as I doodled in my planner, and this one fit the bill. I wouldn’t watch it again but it was cute enough.
- Two Weeks Notice—I binged a lot more TV than usual this month, which included really bad, old rom-coms like this one. Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant? Weirdest combo ever, and this movie was super boring.
- My Best Friend’s Wedding—Another rather uninspired rom-com. Would not recommend.
- Sound of Metal—This was the only relatively new movie I watched this month. It came out in 2019 and is about a drummer who suddenly loses his hearing. It was very artsy but a bit slow—and definitely not the feel-good movie of the year.
- “Big Mouth: Season 4”—I love “Big Mouth” and have been enjoying watching Season 4. It definitely seems more crass than usual, but I also think this season has been a lot funnier than the last two. I mean, how can you not love Maury?!
- My new favorite song at the moment is “Without You” by The Kid Laroi. It’s super catchy, and I can’t get over the line that says, “Can’t make a wife out of a h*.” Cracks me up every time, even when they bleep it out on the radio.
Quote of the Month
- Last Month’s Quote: “If the words you spoke appeared on your skin, would you still be beautiful?” -Auliq Ice
- June’s Quote: “Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.” -Camille Pissarro
What I’m Looking Forward to in June
- Finishing school! You’re probably sick of hearing me talk about it, but I cannot wait to take my last final on the 8th and be done with junior year. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster with online classes and Covid precautions and everything else, but I’m hopeful the fall will be more normal—thank goodness that we’ll be returning entirely in-person.
- Instead of going home right after school ends, I’ll be staying in town to house- and pet-sit on and off throughout the month of June. I’m looking forward to the experience and to spending time with my aunt’s adorable dog.
- Going home! I think this is the longest I have ever been away from my house, and I’m ready to go back at the end of June. Plus, I am so sick of the small collection of clothes I have here at school. I’ve been in such a style rut lately and have not been loving anything in my closet… but I know going home to the rest of my clothes will be the perfect cure. Hopefully it will fix the “bleh” feelings I’ve been having about blogging lately, too.
What are you most grateful for in the month of May? And what are you looking forward to in June? I’d love to hear in the comments below! I’m hoping I’ll be able to get back on track with blogging because I have been SO all over the place lately, especially with the timing of my posts.
I also want to take a moment to honor Memorial Day and thank all of the brave men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice serving our country. If you haven’t already, I encourage my U.S. readers to take a moment tonight to reflect on the true meaning of this holiday.
As always, thank you for your support this month and for reading today’s blog post!
Olive Green Bodysuit: Francesca’s, $20, last worn here | Black Denim Jacket: Topshop via Nordstrom, $55, last worn here | Striped Maxi Skirt: Hope Avenue, $35, last worn here | Brown Sandals: DSW, $19, last worn here | Brown Circle Purse: Target, $30, last worn here