Happy April Fool’s Day! Do you ever prank anyone on this day? I always tell myself I should but then never remember to actually do it. The best prank I pulled was telling one of my best friends I was moving to Las Vegas, and it was only convincing because I’ve spent so much time here (when he started asking questions, I could tell him exactly the area where I would live, the name of the school I would attend, etc.). He was very sad and I felt very accomplished to have successfully fooled him. Anyway! Since it’s the start of another month already (holy cow, time flies), here is my monthly recap for March.
- Spring quarter started yesterday (boo), so I have an all new set of classes now. I’m still in Las Vegas so I can celebrate my mom’s birthday and Easter with the family, but I’ll be driving back to school either this weekend or on Monday. It’s hard to go back!
- But, I am excited to get to my apartment because a PR package is waiting for me from the Campus Trendsetters program. It’s supposed to be filled with all sorts of goodies so I’m looking forward to doing an unboxing video on Instagram Stories soon!
Most Popular Posts from March
What I Purchased
- I didn’t buy the pretty turquoise dress in today’s post, but my aunt gave me it as a hand-me-down and I absolutely love it! Plus, everything’s better when it’s free, right? It’s the perfect vacation dress and felt so spring break-like.
- I also bought three thrifted dresses since being here in Vegas—a dark blue sequin bodycon, a chic magenta dress, and the black fringe dress from this post. I can’t wait to style them all and eventually wear them out in the real world once this pandemic is finally over!
Products I’m Trying
- Garnier Green Labs Pinea-C Brightening Serum Cream: I was sent this 3-in-1 skincare product through the Campus Trendsetters program to test and review. Like any new facial product, it took a while for my skin to get used to it, but it has SPF in it which is really important to me. I don’t put it on every morning, but it’s a great moisturizer for when my face is particularly dry.
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Touch-Up Crème: I’ll be posting a full review for this product on Saturday as part of the Octoly product review program, but so far my favorite part about it is the smell—the crème smells SO good! This product isn’t something I would have purchased myself, and it doesn’t tame my baby hairs like I was hoping. But I have been using it to control the frizz on the top of my head, especially when I crimp or use other heat on my hair, and it seems to work well for that. I’ll be reviewing this product more fully on Instagram this weekend!
Favorite Outfits from March
- This casual grey monotone outfit from my Pantone Problems blog post.
- This chic red and denim outfit, featuring my thrifted Anne Klein jacket from the post Thrifty Trail-Blazers.
What I Watched
- More of “The Crown”. You’re probably sick of hearing me talk about it because it is taking months for my boyfriend and me to get through it (we only watch one episode a week during our Tuesday night dinners). But we finally started Season 4 and I’m so excited for the Margaret Thatcher storyline!
- I watched the last season of “Justified” because my parents and grandpa were already watching the show. I have to say, I became very hooked to the end of the series! Can’t speak to how good the first six seasons were though, ha.
Quote of the Month
- Last Month’s Quote: “The most wasted of days is one without laughter.” –E.E. Cummings.
- April’s Quote: “The fool speaks; the wise man listens.” –African proverb.
- Last Month’s Goals: I think I need to take a break from this goal-setting section for a while… I’m tired of never reaching anything I set, ha! Last month, my aim was to hit 1,275 followers on Instagram and 1,600 visitors on my blog. I finished with 1,257 Instagram followers, which is probably the closest I’ve been to one of my goals and is still an increase of 55 followers… I think setting these numbers and not reaching them is detracting from the progress I have made. And while I didn’t reach my visitors goal for the blog, I did have my best month of views ever!
- April’s Goals: Instead of numbers, I’m just going to focus on other goals this month, specifically, pitching. I read somewhere that it’s best to pitch to brands at the beginning of a fiscal quarter because they have more money to spend on influencer marketing, so that’s what I’m going to do!
What I’m Looking Forward to in April
- Easter! I might have to spend the holiday driving back to Denver so that I can go to school in person on Monday, but I’m still excited for the day nonetheless. I love the bright colors, pretty dresses, and new beginnings that Easter symbolizes, even if it has to be another lame one due to the pandemic.
- Climbing a 14er! This has been on my bucket list for a while, and hopefully the snow will melt enough/it will get warmer so that I can climb one of Colorado’s many 14,000 ft. mountains this month.
- My friend’s 21st birthday. We always go all-out for each other’s birthdays, and I have a really exciting surprise for her in a few weekends! I can’t wait to share more on the blog—I have a whole post planned for it.
Here is this week’s linkup. Thank you to everyone who participated last week!
What are you most proud of in March? And what are you looking forward to in April? Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a great day!
Miles of smiles,