Happy April Fool’s Day! Do you ever prank anyone on this day? I always tell myself I should but then never remember to actually do it. The best prank I pulled was telling one of my best friends I was moving to Las Vegas, and it was only convincing because I’ve spent so much time here (when he started asking questions, I could tell him exactly the area where I would live, the name of the school I would attend, etc.). He was very sad and I felt very accomplished to have successfully fooled him. Anyway! Since it’s the start of another month already (holy cow, time flies), here is my monthly recap for March.
- Spring quarter started yesterday (boo), so I have an all new set of classes now. I’m still in Las Vegas so I can celebrate my mom’s birthday and Easter with the family, but I’ll be driving back to school either this weekend or on Monday. It’s hard to go back!
- But, I am excited to get to my apartment because a PR package is waiting for me from the Campus Trendsetters program. It’s supposed to be filled with all sorts of goodies so I’m looking forward to doing an unboxing video on Instagram Stories soon!
Most Popular Posts from March
What I Purchased
- I didn’t buy the pretty turquoise dress in today’s post, but my aunt gave me it as a hand-me-down and I absolutely love it! Plus, everything’s better when it’s free, right? It’s the perfect vacation dress and felt so spring break-like.
- I also bought three thrifted dresses since being here in Vegas—a dark blue sequin bodycon, a chic magenta dress, and the black fringe dress from this post. I can’t wait to style them all and eventually wear them out in the real world once this pandemic is finally over!
Products I’m Trying
- Garnier Green Labs Pinea-C Brightening Serum Cream: I was sent this 3-in-1 skincare product through the Campus Trendsetters program to test and review. Like any new facial product, it took a while for my skin to get used to it, but it has SPF in it which is really important to me. I don’t put it on every morning, but it’s a great moisturizer for when my face is particularly dry.
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Touch-Up Crème: I’ll be posting a full review for this product on Saturday as part of the Octoly product review program, but so far my favorite part about it is the smell—the crème smells SO good! This product isn’t something I would have purchased myself, and it doesn’t tame my baby hairs like I was hoping. But I have been using it to control the frizz on the top of my head, especially when I crimp or use other heat on my hair, and it seems to work well for that. I’ll be reviewing this product more fully on Instagram this weekend!
Favorite Outfits from March
- This casual grey monotone outfit from my Pantone Problems blog post.
- This chic red and denim outfit, featuring my thrifted Anne Klein jacket from the post Thrifty Trail-Blazers.
What I Watched
- More of “The Crown”. You’re probably sick of hearing me talk about it because it is taking months for my boyfriend and me to get through it (we only watch one episode a week during our Tuesday night dinners). But we finally started Season 4 and I’m so excited for the Margaret Thatcher storyline!
- I watched the last season of “Justified” because my parents and grandpa were already watching the show. I have to say, I became very hooked to the end of the series! Can’t speak to how good the first six seasons were though, ha.
Quote of the Month
- Last Month’s Quote: “The most wasted of days is one without laughter.” –E.E. Cummings.
- April’s Quote: “The fool speaks; the wise man listens.” –African proverb.
- Last Month’s Goals: I think I need to take a break from this goal-setting section for a while… I’m tired of never reaching anything I set, ha! Last month, my aim was to hit 1,275 followers on Instagram and 1,600 visitors on my blog. I finished with 1,257 Instagram followers, which is probably the closest I’ve been to one of my goals and is still an increase of 55 followers… I think setting these numbers and not reaching them is detracting from the progress I have made. And while I didn’t reach my visitors goal for the blog, I did have my best month of views ever!
- April’s Goals: Instead of numbers, I’m just going to focus on other goals this month, specifically, pitching. I read somewhere that it’s best to pitch to brands at the beginning of a fiscal quarter because they have more money to spend on influencer marketing, so that’s what I’m going to do!
What I’m Looking Forward to in April
- Easter! I might have to spend the holiday driving back to Denver so that I can go to school in person on Monday, but I’m still excited for the day nonetheless. I love the bright colors, pretty dresses, and new beginnings that Easter symbolizes, even if it has to be another lame one due to the pandemic.
- Climbing a 14er! This has been on my bucket list for a while, and hopefully the snow will melt enough/it will get warmer so that I can climb one of Colorado’s many 14,000 ft. mountains this month.
- My friend’s 21st birthday. We always go all-out for each other’s birthdays, and I have a really exciting surprise for her in a few weekends! I can’t wait to share more on the blog—I have a whole post planned for it.
This Month in 2020: Binge Worthy Fashion: Jessica Day from “New Girl” | Activities to Pass the Quaran-Time | Didn’t Even Make the Casting Call
This Month in 2019: Surviving School in the Spring | My Tips for Salon Nails at Home | Dior Exhibit: From Paris to the World | How Fashion Changes in College
This Month in 2018: Festival Style | Green with Envy | 5 Things I’m Looking Forward to in Spring | In Case of Emergency
This Month in 2017: Sky Blue | 1 Simple Tip for Print Mixing | 5 Tips for Styling a Plaid Skirt | Artist | 50 Shades of Blue
Here is this week’s linkup. Thank you to everyone who participated last week!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
What are you most proud of in March? And what are you looking forward to in April? Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a great day!
Miles of smiles,
Turquoise Dress: Hand-me-down | White Sandals: Dolce Vita via DSW, $45, last worn here, buy HERE | Aviator Sunglasses: Icing, $16, last worn here
14 comments on “March 2021 Month in Review”
Loving your sandals: I bought a similar pair, black and white stripes at DSW but haven’t worn them yet. Sounds like a pretty good month! I am looking forward to warmer weather but I know I will say otherwise once it gets hot for real and the mosquitoes arrive.
Thanks Mireille! Ugh, so true, the mosquitoes are the worst!
What a cute dress – what a nice gift! I think you should be proud of your goals even if you aren’t hitting the numbers you expect you are still working hard and seeing change, so well done! The change to things you can control (like how many pitches you make instead of how many people hit the follow button) is sure to help you showcase that hard work and improvement more as you have more control over the outcome! 🙂
Hope you are having a good Easter weekend 🙂
Thank you so much Mica!! <3 That is such good advice.
Grace, what a fabulous vacation dress! And even better because it was given to you! I really like your two quotes (you know I am a quote girl)! I always need laughter like ee cummings and there is another saying similar to the African Proverb that I use a lot. It goes something like “It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than it is to speak and prove yourself a fool.” I don’t even know who said it or what the correct quote is. I just looked it up and apparently no one really knows who first said it! It probably came from the African proverb you quoted! Haha. Great post, my friend! I wish you much success in this next semester. And I hope you have the best time ever celebrating your friend’s 21st birthday!
Thank you so much Shelbee!! That really is a great quote. I need to practice living it more!
That is such a super cute dress! And it makes it even better when it’s a hand-me-down!
I was totally obsessed with The Crown too, but we literally binge watch it every night when it’s on lol!!
P.S my Friday link-up is live too! You can find it at http://www.thegreybrunette.com
Haha it’s sooo good!! All I want to do is finish the fourth season but I feel like I’ll be sad once it’s over… gotta pace myself haha.
Glad to meet another Vegas girl…😁 Love this city!
So fun…me too really looking forward to do more hikes this month.
Thanks Radi!! Yes, so many good shops around!
That turquoise dress is so lovely on you Grace! I’m currently enjoying the Easter break, been looking forward to some much needed time off x
Thanks JC! And I totally feel that… I’m back at school now and it’s already so busy again!
Such a lovely dress, it looks fabulous on you! I gave up setting goals for blog traffic and Instagram followers too, I just go with the flow now and try not to worry about it!
I think that’s definitely the move Emma! I gotta start doing that instead so I can just enjoy blogging more…