I’ve said it before and I’ll probably say it again, but these monthly recap posts are some of my favorite to write. I’m especially excited to share today’s month in review because I feel like I had such a successful February! While I did fall short on some of my blogging goals (hey, what’s new?), I accomplished a lot of other, more important goals in the month of February, such as seeing all the people, going all the places, and learning all the things I had outlined in the monthly spread of my planner. I am not very good at setting realistic goals or actually achieving them—which is something I’m really working on—so it feels amazing to be somewhat successful for once. Can’t wait to share more below!
- One of the reasons February was a success is because I donated blood for the first time two weekends ago! I’ve mentioned it a few times on the blog now, but donating blood has always been on my bucket list and something that has been really important for me to do. I was super nervous because I hate needles… but in the end, it was so worth the slight discomfort. Not only was it exciting to accomplish a bucket list item, but it was an incredibly rewarding experience to know I was helping people in such a unique way. I highly recommend donating!
- I also applied for a bunch of influencing programs this past week and pitched to my first brand this morning. I’m excited to see where these new opportunities lead and to hopefully (finally) take my blog to the next level.
Favorite Outfits from February
- Today’s outfit, by far. I have been looking for the perfect pleather shorts to style with tights for what seems like forever, so I was super excited to stumble upon this pair from Express on sale for only $15. They fit like an absolute glove! And even though I shared a post in January about why I’m not a trendy shopper, I have to admit that it was a nice change of pace to feel ‘cool’ in this trendier outfit. The star tights were on sale from Express, too! You can buy the shorts here (although there are hardly any sizes left) and the tights here.
- I also really loved the sequin jacket look I shot for my Valentine’s Day Outfit Inspo blog post. Can you ever really go wrong with sequins? Not in my mind, especially when they match your heart-print socks.
Most Popular Posts from February
- “Braless Fashion: Yay or Nay?”
- “Introducing the College Creator Linkup”
- “January 2021 Month in Review”
What I Purchased
- These jeans from Express! They were having a big sale on their clearance items, and the whole reason I placed an order was for these dark-wash, high-waisted, cropped flared jeans. Ever since I bought a pair of lighter wash jeans and grey jeans from Express last fall, I’ve been wearing them nonstop. Their denim fits me SO well and it doesn’t stretch out at all. I know this new pair will go with so much!
- Obviously I bought these brown imitation leather shorts and these star print tights, which were both on sale and are oh-so-cute.
- I also purchased these yellow shorts, but I have to say, I’m disappointed in them. The material feels and looks cheap, in my opinion, and I would not have purchased them had I seen them in a physical store. But since they were only $15, I don’t think they’re worth the hassle of returning… I can still make them work come spring/summer.
What I Watched
- “The Crown” with my boyfriend. We just saw the episode where the future-king goes to Wales to address the people in their native tongue, which was a really interesting episode!
- Roman Holiday staring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck. My boyfriend and I watched this on Valentine’s Day and it was such a romantic movie! Also, Gregory Peck was SO handsome, so I enjoyed it for that reason too…
- The latest To All the Boys movie. Have you seen it yet? The first one was definitely best, but this one was still a cute movie (and I love seeing the unique fashion).
Quote of the Month
- Last Month’s Quote: “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy,” said by John Mason.
- March’s Quote: “The most wasted of days is one without laughter,” said by E.E. Cummings.
- Last Month’s Goals: I had a lot of goals for February, which included donating blood (check!), starting to pitch to brands (check!), and starting a college linkup (check! although nobody has been participating…). As far as numbers go, this is where I fell short in February. My Instagram ‘goal’ was 1,255 followers, which I knew I would not be able to reach. But having gone from 1,144 followers at the end of January to 1,202 followers at the end of February, I’m still really proud of my progress! I also wanted to reach 1,800 blog views and was not even close… My views have actually been really bad lately, but ya know, what’re ya gonna do?
- March’s Goals: There is no way I’ll be able to hit the end of quarter blogging goals I initially set in January, so now I just need to take a step back and reevaluate what I am able to accomplish. For the new month, I’d like to reach 1,275 followers on Instagram and 1,600 visitors on my blog. Like I said, I’m really bad at setting attainable goals… so hopefully these numbers are a little more realistic? We’ll see.
This Month in 2020: My Favorite Quotes to Inspire Self-Love | Staying Healthy in College: My Tips and Tricks
This Month in 2019: Proud Member of The IBTC | When Inspiration Doesn’t Strike
This Month in 2018: The Not So Glamorous Life of a Fashion Blogger | Dressing for Confidence | The Number One Lesson I Learned from “What Not to Wear” | Clip-On Earrings: Fashion Forward or Faux Pas?
This Month in 2017: Grey on Grey | Valentine’s Day Outfit | Bedazzled | Sassy Pants | Classic
What I’m Looking Forward to in March
- Spring break!!! I am so ready to relax and do nothing for a week. Not sure what my plans are yet, but obviously Covid warrants something pretty low-key… which I am A-okay with after feeling so jumbled these past few weeks.
- Starting my spring quarter classes. I’m taking a course called Forensic Psychology, which is kind of how psychology plays into the criminal justice system, so I’m super excited for that!
- I’m also really looking forward to swapping out my closet over spring break… I’m sick of the same pieces and am ready for a lil’ switcheroo (and warm-weather clothing!).
What was the highlight of February for you?? And what are you looking forward to in March? As always, thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!
Miles of smiles,
Black Blouse: Dillard’s, $20, last worn here | Brown Pleather Shorts: Express, $15, buy HERE | Star Print Tights: Express, $6, buy HERE | Black Booties: DSW, $45, last worn here | Elephant Purse: Francesca’s, $20, last worn here
22 comments on “February 2021 Month in Review”
Wow, you look absolutely stunning, Grace and this well put-together outfit is so polished. And, I am in love with your clutch! I hope all is well, hard to believe it’s March already! Aiva 🙂
Thank you so much Aiva!! I know, this year is flying by! Hope you and the family are well. 🙂
First of all, I love this look! I couldn’t pull this off and look natural and adorable in it and you look great. Such a great color for the shorts! And the tights are really fun, you also found the perfect door for your pictures. I don’t want to set any goals lately but just enjoy the blogging and Instagram fun. I am finding it important to take a little step back sometimes as to not feel overwhelmed. I want to enjoy it and grow but sometiems it sure takes time!
March… gotta watch my spending for sure! So the plan is to not spend any unnecessary money so actually for once stick to a no spend goal and also want to be really consistent with my exercising. Day 1 good, only 30 to go lol! We are going to Eastern Kentucky for spring break and do all kinds of outdoors adventures.
Thank you so much Mireille! This door is on campus and I’ve taken photos right next to it before, but I never considered taking them in front of the actual door! I love the location, too. And that is such a good plan Mireille… sometimes I definitely get sucked too much into the trap of just trying to grow grow grow.
Eastern Kentucky sounds like such a fun lil’ spring break trip! I’ve been trying to exercise more too, and boy, do I need to curb my spending as well! Yikes.
Love your blog!! And those shorts look incredible on you. I snagged a pair of calf hair loafers from that Express sale- $20! Gorgeous images.
Thank you so much Melissa!! And what a steal!
You look amazing in this look! Love the pleather shorts and it looks perfect with the tights.
Thanks so much, Lovely!
I like these color enhancing pants. They really show off your personality. They’re really nice.
colored full lace wigs
I have been pretty awful about setting real attainable goals too but did find that writing smaller month to month goals on my blog helped me a lot with that last year. Though somehow I have stopped setting goals at all this year and need to get back at it. You look adorable!… and so warm. I’m jealous.
Thank you!! I have been enjoying the smaller goals too, they seem so much more attainable…
This outfit is so cute! I am looking forward to switching out my closet as well! I have also been goal setting for Instagram but it often feels tricky to gain and keep followers and increase engagement. That’s why I’m trying to focus more on my actual blog this month. I really want to get my page views up!
You’re so right Tracy, Instagram is so finicky! I took this last month off of trying to grow and it felt really nice, although I did end up losing followers. Oh well! Thanks for your comment. 🙂
Congratulations on your first pitch! I’ve never had guts to do that, so really hope it works well for your and fingers crossed you’ll get to work together 🙂
Love your cute outfit, I always adored how cool shorts over tights look!
Thank you so much! It definitely was intimidating!
Monthly recap posts are so much fun to read! I absolutely love your outfit by the way!
Your faux leather shorts are fabulous, Grace, and combined with this tee and tights = transitional style perfection! This is one of my favorite outfits I have seen you style. <3
I hope you are having a great week!
Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin
Thank you so much Amber!! I really loved this outfit too.
There you go again inspiring me in so many ways! You are kicking butt with the goal setting and goal achieving! And your energy is really contagious which I love and need right now! I love this outfit. Shorts with tights is one of my fave styling tricks. The leather shorts are gorgeous and how fun are your star print tights! And Roman Holiday is one of my favorite old movies ever!
Ahhh thank you so much Shelbee!! I’m so glad you enjoyed the post! And yes, that movie is soooo good. 🙂