I’ve said it before and I’ll probably say it again, but these monthly recap posts are some of my favorite to write. I’m especially excited to share today’s month in review because I feel like I had such a successful February! While I did fall short on some of my blogging goals (hey, what’s new?), I accomplished a lot of other, more important goals in the month of February, such as seeing all the people, going all the places, and learning all the things I had outlined in the monthly spread of my planner. I am not very good at setting realistic goals or actually achieving them—which is something I’m really working on—so it feels amazing to be somewhat successful for once. Can’t wait to share more below!
- One of the reasons February was a success is because I donated blood for the first time two weekends ago! I’ve mentioned it a few times on the blog now, but donating blood has always been on my bucket list and something that has been really important for me to do. I was super nervous because I hate needles… but in the end, it was so worth the slight discomfort. Not only was it exciting to accomplish a bucket list item, but it was an incredibly rewarding experience to know I was helping people in such a unique way. I highly recommend donating!
- I also applied for a bunch of influencing programs this past week and pitched to my first brand this morning. I’m excited to see where these new opportunities lead and to hopefully (finally) take my blog to the next level.
Favorite Outfits from February
- Today’s outfit, by far. I have been looking for the perfect pleather shorts to style with tights for what seems like forever, so I was super excited to stumble upon this pair from Express on sale for only $15. They fit like an absolute glove! And even though I shared a post in January about why I’m not a trendy shopper, I have to admit that it was a nice change of pace to feel ‘cool’ in this trendier outfit. The star tights were on sale from Express, too! You can buy the shorts here (although there are hardly any sizes left) and the tights here.
- I also really loved the sequin jacket look I shot for my Valentine’s Day Outfit Inspo blog post. Can you ever really go wrong with sequins? Not in my mind, especially when they match your heart-print socks.
Most Popular Posts from February
- “Braless Fashion: Yay or Nay?”
- “Introducing the College Creator Linkup”
- “January 2021 Month in Review”
What I Purchased
- These jeans from Express! They were having a big sale on their clearance items, and the whole reason I placed an order was for these dark-wash, high-waisted, cropped flared jeans. Ever since I bought a pair of lighter wash jeans and grey jeans from Express last fall, I’ve been wearing them nonstop. Their denim fits me SO well and it doesn’t stretch out at all. I know this new pair will go with so much!
- Obviously I bought these brown imitation leather shorts and these star print tights, which were both on sale and are oh-so-cute.
- I also purchased these yellow shorts, but I have to say, I’m disappointed in them. The material feels and looks cheap, in my opinion, and I would not have purchased them had I seen them in a physical store. But since they were only $15, I don’t think they’re worth the hassle of returning… I can still make them work come spring/summer.
What I Watched
- “The Crown” with my boyfriend. We just saw the episode where the future-king goes to Wales to address the people in their native tongue, which was a really interesting episode!
- Roman Holiday staring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck. My boyfriend and I watched this on Valentine’s Day and it was such a romantic movie! Also, Gregory Peck was SO handsome, so I enjoyed it for that reason too…
- The latest To All the Boys movie. Have you seen it yet? The first one was definitely best, but this one was still a cute movie (and I love seeing the unique fashion).
Quote of the Month
- Last Month’s Quote: “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy,” said by John Mason.
- March’s Quote: “The most wasted of days is one without laughter,” said by E.E. Cummings.
- Last Month’s Goals: I had a lot of goals for February, which included donating blood (check!), starting to pitch to brands (check!), and starting a college linkup (check! although nobody has been participating…). As far as numbers go, this is where I fell short in February. My Instagram ‘goal’ was 1,255 followers, which I knew I would not be able to reach. But having gone from 1,144 followers at the end of January to 1,202 followers at the end of February, I’m still really proud of my progress! I also wanted to reach 1,800 blog views and was not even close… My views have actually been really bad lately, but ya know, what’re ya gonna do?
- March’s Goals: There is no way I’ll be able to hit the end of quarter blogging goals I initially set in January, so now I just need to take a step back and reevaluate what I am able to accomplish. For the new month, I’d like to reach 1,275 followers on Instagram and 1,600 visitors on my blog. Like I said, I’m really bad at setting attainable goals… so hopefully these numbers are a little more realistic? We’ll see.
What I’m Looking Forward to in March
- Spring break!!! I am so ready to relax and do nothing for a week. Not sure what my plans are yet, but obviously Covid warrants something pretty low-key… which I am A-okay with after feeling so jumbled these past few weeks.
- Starting my spring quarter classes. I’m taking a course called Forensic Psychology, which is kind of how psychology plays into the criminal justice system, so I’m super excited for that!
- I’m also really looking forward to swapping out my closet over spring break… I’m sick of the same pieces and am ready for a lil’ switcheroo (and warm-weather clothing!).
What was the highlight of February for you?? And what are you looking forward to in March? As always, thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!
Miles of smiles,
Black Blouse: Dillard’s, $20, last worn here | Brown Pleather Shorts: Express, $15, buy HERE | Star Print Tights: Express, $6, buy HERE | Black Booties: DSW, $45, last worn here | Elephant Purse: Francesca’s, $20, last worn here