Can you believe tomorrow is already December?? What a weird year it’s been… You all seemed to enjoy the different layout I tried for last month’s recap blog post, so I decided to follow suit today. November is always a good month for me (because of my birthday! Who doesn’t love their birthday month??) and this year was no exception. I started the month at school and came back home halfway through, so it’s been an eventful month to say the least.
- I reapplied to study abroad this month. For those of you who don’t know, I was supposed to be abroad right now at the University of Glasgow in Scotland. Obviously, Covid had different plans, so now I’m hoping to go abroad next fall as a senior instead.
- I started using the DuoLingo app again to practice Spanish. I took four years of Spanish in high school and one quarter in college, so I have somewhat of a foundation. And while I can read Spanish pretty well, speaking and listening to it is a whole different story. It’s been fun jogging my memory by using this app each day!
- Today marks the start of my finals week, so I have a few lingering assignments to finish and a final exam tomorrow before finally being done with this quarter. Thank goodness.
Favorite Outfits from November
- I loved the way this 70s chic outfit turned out. I think the photos are a little overexposed, but I like the pics nonetheless. A definite winner in my book!
- Of course, I had to include my 21st birthday photoshoot outfit in this list. My tiara and sash are everything, as the kids say.
- I also really like today’s outfit! I wish the photos turned out a little better, but I think the blue sweater looks really pretty with the grey embroidery of the skirt. And the maroon bag is the perfect and unexpected pop of color, in my opinion.
Most Popular Posts from November
What I Bought
- My friend gave me a Francesca’s gift card for my birthday, so I bought this snakeskin belt and this leopard belt (both are 60% off today for Cyber Monday). I don’t have a huge belt collection but am always longing for that extra “umph” to complete an outfit. Can’t wait to receive these in a few days!
- I also bought an olive green sweater tank top with this gift card. Yes, a sweater tank top is oxymoronic, and I’m not totally sure how to style it (it’s definitely more of a late-summer, early-fall piece). But we’ll see!
What I Watched
- My parents and I had a Harry Potter marathon this month—we’re big Potter fans in my house! I’m a Slytherin, in case anyone is wondering.
- Rebecca on Netflix—The book Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier is one of my favorite reads of all time, so I was very excited to watch the new movie adaptation. I actually thought it was pretty good.
- My parents and I watched the movie Enola Holmes on Netflix, which is about Sherlock Holmes’ younger sister (starring Millie Bobby Brown). The movie was quirky and very enjoyable, so I highly recommend it if you’re looking for something fun and lighthearted to watch.
- Someone Great on Netflix—This movie was okay, but it was kind of uncomfortable to see Gina Rodriguez in such a different role than her part in “Jane in the Virgin”.
- I finally started watching “Gilmore Girls”. At first I didn’t get the hype about the show, but now I love it. It has only reaffirmed my beliefs that I want to live on the east coast at some point in my life. It’s a great background show as I work on my planner and blog tasks.
- Lastly, my parents and I started “The Queen’s Gambit” on Netflix. Several people told me this series was really good, so we started binging after Thanksgiving dinner. It is good and an interesting watch! Plus, it has some cool 60s fashion.
Quote of the Month
- Last Month’s Quote: “Enthusiasm is common; endurance is rare.” -Angela Duckworth
- December’s Quote: “Today I want you to think about all that you are instead of all that you are not.” This quote seemed fitting for December, since lots of us often feel unaccomplished and down on ourselves when the year ends (especially this year).
- Last Month’s Goals: November’s goals were to finish making my all-encompassing blogging plan and to have my best blog month ever in terms of views and visitors. Are you surprised that I yet again didn’t finish making my plan? Ugh, sometimes I’m just so unproductive and lazy. But the good news is, depending on how today’s blog post performs, I might be able to have my best blog month ever! I already surpassed last month’s number of visitors by 200 people, and I’m only about 400 views shy from my best month… We’ll see if I make it!
- December’s Goals: For December, rather than focusing on moving up or what I can do better, I want to put my energy into enjoying and appreciating my blog. I’ve never felt proud of Graceful Rags… and I want to change that. As this month’s quote says, I am going to focus on all that my blog IS rather than all that it is not.
What I’m Looking Forward to in December:
- NO MORE SCHOOL.
- Craft projects—it’s time to finally start making my college scrapbook!
- Holiday-themed activities at home, like cookie decorating and Christmas movie nights.
What’s the most exciting thing that happened to you in November? Let me know in the comments below! As always, thank you so much for your support. Have a great Monday and start to your week.
Miles of smiles,
Blue Sweater: Sundance Outlet, $45 | Black Embroidered Skirt: Francesca’s, $15, last worn here | Beige Booties: Sam Edelman via DSW, $90, last worn here | Maroon Circle Purse: Nordstrom Rack, $50, last worn here