Last year for my Valentine’s Day blog post (which was published on the actual holiday), I wrote a very cheesy love letter to you, my follower. When I reread the post this year, I physically cringed – the writing is just so sappy! I really don’t know what I was thinking when I wrote it, ha. Regardless, the post received a very positive response, so if you’re needing a little extra love today, you can swing by and read my love letter to you (do your best not to cringe). But this year, I decided I wanted to take a different approach and just have FUN! So, not only am I sharing this very pretty dress, but I’m also listing all the V-Day themed activities I have planned for tomorrow, to give you some inspiration.
Originally, I had planned on wearing this outfit to a nice dinner with my boyfriend to celebrate Valentine’s Day. However, he will be out of town this weekend, so instead I put on the outfit and made him take blog photos for me, hehe. You’ll actually never guess where I bought this dress or how much I paid for it – at a thrift store in Las Vegas for $1. Yes, I only paid ONE DOLLAR for this dress! Literally a steal. And if that wasn’t already crazy enough, the brand is BCBG Max Azria, whose dresses usually retail for hundreds of dollars. I still can’t believe how lucky I was that I found this dress and that it fits so perfectly! Thrifting is like a treasure hunt and I definitely found the gold.
Since I’ll have to save this outfit for another time, I plan on wearing something much cozier and casual tomorrow (although admittedly, I don’t have my outfit planned yet). What I do have in mind is a Valentine’s Day bucket list, full of treats for myself and my friends. Thankfully I don’t have class on Fridays, so I’ll be able to take the whole day off of responsibilities to just relax. In no particular order, here are the items I’ll be checking off tomorrow:
- Sleep in as late as possible, which I haven’t done in forever (and is much needed after a very long week).
- Have a rom-com movie marathon, popcorn and my favorite candy included. I think I’m planning on watching the first To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before again, followed by the second one, which was just released on Netflix!
- Listen to all my favorite love songs, which includes, but is not limited to the following list. Tears will likely be included (obviously, since the song from Titanic is involved).
- “I Was Made for Loving You” by Ed Sheeran and Tori Kelly
- “Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion
- “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran
- “Certain Things” by James Arthur
- “Lucky” by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait
- “Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
- “True Companion” by Marc Cohn
- Write a list of all the things I love about myself. I mentioned in this post how I’ve been feeling kind of down and hard on myself lately, so focusing on the positive things will surely help me battle those feelings of doubt inside.
- Do makeovers with my friend. I got a huge makeup palette for Christmas and I’ve been waiting to go crazy with it!
- Give out Valentines to all my friends (you know, like in grade school – a piece of candy with a cute little note). Doing something sweet for someone else is always a great way to lift your spirits!
- Try out a new face mask my friend gave me for Christmas. I think I might even steal two cucumber slices from the cafeteria to put on my eyes, just for the heck of it.
- Text all my friends and family who I won’t see on Valentine’s Day to give them a virtual Valentine.
- Exercise! Nothing says self-loving like a good workout. If the weather is nice, I’m hoping to go for a long walk in a nearby park to appreciate all the beauty of nature (there I go being cheesy, again).
So there you have it! A full itinerary for how I plan on spending V-Day tomorrow. I wanted to do something fun for myself to have a relaxing day after a tough school week (have I mentioned yet that it’s been a rough week?), so I’m really looking forward to Friday! Do you have any plans for Valentine’s Day? What will you wear? Hopefully this post inspired you to do something for yourself if you weren’t already planning on celebrating, and you can follow along on Instagram Stories tomorrow as I check items off my list one-by-one! You can also check out this post for a few additional ideas of how to spend tomorrow.
Have a great weekend, and most of all, happy Valentine’s Day.
Red Dress: Thrifted, originally BCBG Max Azria, $1 // Silver Block Heels: CL by Laundry via DSW, $40 // Silver Clutch: DSW, $5
10 comments on “My Valentine’s Day Plans”
Happy Valentines Day Grace! Your day sounds perfect minus the boyfriend being gone. Love ya! ♥️♥️♥️
Thanks Aunt Jo!! I hope you had a great day too. <3
Lovely dress – can’t go wrong with pink!
Thank you Natalie!!
What a lovely post, Grace! Can’t believe you got the dress at a thrift store for 1 dollar, that is a steal! Thanks for sharing and Happy Valentines Day. Aiva
Thanks so much Aiva!! Happy Valentine’s Day to you too. 🙂
Can’t believe you found the dress thrifting. Nice!! Had a pretty normal day here which ended with a pretty bouquet from the hubby. Will have to take tomorrow.
I know right?! Aw, that’s so sweet, sounds like the perfect end to the day.
What a great dress on you, such a bargain find and it’s so beautiful! Definitely made for you! 🙂
Hope you had a fun valentine’s day! We don’t really celebrate it here which is a shame – but you can get a lot of reduced chocolates and flowers the days after from companies that tried to do Valentine’s day, haha! I saw a few beautiful bouquets of roses reduced to $10 the other week but I was on my way to work with no way to keep them in water all day, or I would have gone for it!
Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! A new link up is live on my blog now, I’d love you to join again.
Hope that your week is off to a great start 🙂
Thank you so much Mica! That’s too bad you had no way to keep the flowers, that would have been a very pretty treat for yourself. 🙂 I’ll definitely be sure to join the link-up again. Thanks for the invite!