Now that Halloween is over (I hope you had a great weekend!), it seems like everyone on social media has already moved on to Christmas and the holiday season—say what?! I can’t watch a few Stories on Instagram before hearing at least one Christmas song, and that’s just not right people. What about playing in the colorful leaves? What about Thanksgiving? I love Christmas just as much as the next girl, but I also believe it has its time and place. And first, it’s Thanksgiving’s turn to shine! So in an attempt to push back against all the holiday spirit right now, I’m writing this post to remind everyone of all the awesome things that happen in fall—before winter, and Christmas, and the holiday season. Who’s with me?
- Cute Fall Outfits. Fall fashion is probably my favorite because the weather is generally cool enough to wear stylish layers, like chunky scarves and cozy sweaters, but not so cold that you have to bury yourself in 6 bulky layers just to stay warm. Today’s outfit is probably one of my favorite fall looks to date—I’ve been obsessed with burgundy this season (what’s new?) and this plaid skirt is one of the most stylish pieces I own. Not to mention, how fabulous are my white studded mules? They’re a fun and unexpected way to shake things up from the usual booties.
- The Gorgeous Orange Leaves. Whether you rake them up and jump in them, press them into bookmarks, throw a handful in the air to capture the perfect shot for Instagram, or just gaze at their beauty, the changing colors of the leaves are hands-down (or should I say, leaves-down? Dad joke anyone?) one of the best parts of fall.
- Watching “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.” I love all of the Charlie Brown specials, and Chuck’s romantic troubles with Peppermint Patty are no exception. I mean, popcorn and toast for Thanksgiving dinner? That’s definitely what my college dorm room version of Turkey Day would look like, ha!
- Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice. Let’s not forget ladies that even though Christmas is fun and all, those Starbuck’s PSLs are only offered for so long… I’m not a latte drinker myself, but I do enjoy pumpkin scented candles and lotions, as well as other fall scents like warm vanilla, cinnamon, and amber. There’s also all the pumpkin-themed dessert items at places like Trader Joe’s! We can only acceptably enjoy these flavors and smells for so long, so we gotta soak ‘em up while we still can.
- Perfect Weather. Okay, so Denver’s fall has been a little whack lately with all this snow, but for a lot of places in the U.S., the autumn season provides the perfect snuggly weather: warm enough for strolls through the park to enjoy the beautifully changing leaves and listen to the crunching of those fallen already beneath your feet, yet still cool enough to warrant a hot cocoa in your hands. *Sighs* It’s just so wonderful…
- Celebrating Thanksgiving with Family and Friends. Of course, we can’t forget about Thanksgiving itself. In the past few years, I’ve grown to appreciate this holiday so much more because it means my brothers and I get to return home from college and spend some quality time together. But besides family, let’s be real, I’m in it for the food. I know a lot of people don’t love traditional Thanksgiving food, but who doesn’t love pumpkin pie?! Or chocolate pecan pie? Or apple pie? Or what about the sparkly Martinelli’s that we get to pour into fancy glasses and pretend we’re sipping on champagne? Come on guys, now that’s just too fun to deny. Once I fall asleep on Thanksgiving with a disgustingly large food baby, then can the Christmas festivities start. But only then.
What are your thoughts on the great Christmas debate? Should people start decorating and celebrating now, or, like me, do you think we should soak up the last of fall and everything it has to offer before delving straight into the holiday season? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Have a great rest of your Monday, and as always, thanks for stopping by.
Miles of smiles,
White Short-Sleeve Sweater: Bohme Boutique, $30, debut on the blog // Burgundy Jacket: BB Dakota via Wish Boutique, $25 // Plaid Skirt: Cabi Clothing, $89 // White Studded Mules: Rebecca Minkoff via Saks Off Fifth, $70 // Blush Bow Clutch: Stitch Fix, $50
6 comments on “My Favorite Things About Fall”
Love that outfit – the colour of the jacket is just gorgeous, and so is the skirt!
Thank you so much, Natalie!
Gorgeous outfit! I do love pumpkin spice, leaves and Charlie Brown thanksgiving butttt I am also probably one of the biggest Christmas fans you’ll ever meet! Maybe I would feel differently if we celebrated thanksgiving in the Uk though…
Haha ok, fair, fair… Thanks for the comment!!
I am with you! One season/holiday at a time. Cute outfit btw! Yay fall!
Thanks so much Mireille! Glad I’m not the only one 🙂