With graduations, parties, and all sorts of award ceremonies/banquets this time of year, I figured I needed to share some outfit inspo. And while I love fashion, I am not the type of person to change outfits multiple times a day—I personally find it impractical, and it really just boils down to me being too lazy to do twice the amount of laundry! With that said, today’s post is all about tips and tricks to style one dress for the day to wear to school or work and then transition into the evening for a party or other event. No reason to go all the way back home to change! Just a few accessories can make a big difference. 🙂
To start, here are ways to style your dress to make it appropriate for the daytime:
- Add a layer on top, like a jean jacket, cardigan, or blazer to keep your dress casual or business worthy.
- Wear your hair up in a classic bun or sassy ponytail to keep it out of your face.
- Accessorize with simple, dainty jewelry that doesn’t draw that much attention.
- Wear flats or sandals on your feet to keep it comfy.
- If you wear makeup, keep it fairly plain with just a swipe of mascara and lip-gloss.
- Pack your essentials in a handbag or cross-body for a professional day-look.
And now, the extra fun part! Here are some ways to jazz up the same dress for a night out:
- Shed that top layer! Remove the jacket to reveal a little skin and show off your dress.
- Take your hair down and let it frame your face, or accessorize it with a pretty clip.
- Add some bold jewelry, like a statement necklace or bauble ring, to incorporate a little sparkle and shine.
- Throw on a pair of heels for extra height and sass.
- Spice up your makeup with some liquid eyeliner or bold lipstick (perfect for spring).
- Switch out the classy purse for a sassy clutch to dress up your look even more.
And there you have it! My best tips for transitioning one dress from day to night. Do you have any parties or ceremonies coming up? Are you the type of person who likes to change throughout the day or do you just prefer to stick with one outfit? I’d love to know in the comments below. Have a great weekend. 🙂
Miles of smiles,
Gingham Striped Dress: Envy Boutique in Tacoma, $21 // Jean Jacket: JCPenney, $19 // Denim Flats: JCrew, $20 // Silver Block Heels: CL by Laundry via DSW, $40 // Black Cat-Eye Sunglasses: Charming Charlie, $7 // Pink Waist Belt // Black Bow Belt: Charming Charlie, $10 // Orange Beaded Clutch: store in Las Vegas airport, $30 // Pink Kate Spade Purse: Kate Spade Outlet, gift