WARNING: You may want to put on sunglasses to avoid the searing glare of my uber white legs. I still have a few weeks before my spring break, but I know a lot of schools are starting their time off right now (you bet I’m jealous). I’ve got warm weather on my mind, so here are ten items you won’t want to leave home/college without. 😉 Spring break, here I come!
- Sassy sunglasses: I’ve always loved sunglasses and how cute they are, but then I never remember to wear them. I’ve been trying to change that recently, and I bought this new pair as motivation. 😉 Charming Charlie had a promo—2 sunglasses for $15—so you bet I took advantage of that. The larger size of these glasses look good with my chubby cheeks, and I love the fun cow print. You can actually still purchase these black and white sunglasses in store, but the company’s website is currently down.
- A straw bag: We saw it last season, and once again, the straw/wicker/wood bag trend has returned. I actually think this trend is really cute, but I decided to put my own spin on it with this super unique mermaid bag. My aunt is a very talented doll maker and craftswoman, so she made this for me. Nothing says warm weather and ocean time like a mermaid! If this kind of bag is a little too extra for you, here’s an inexpensive straw bag that I love.
- Colorful sandals: Another trend I can get on board with is the colorful sandals. I bought these in a gift shop years ago, and the fun beads add the perfect pop of color to any outfit. In the picture above, I was shopping at DSW yesterday for some heeled sandals.
- A good book: I envision spending my spring break relaxing by a pool, spending time reading, thinking, and probably getting roasted to a crisp. I don’t have much time to read anything other than my textbooks these days (yuck), so I’m excited to cozy up with some pages during vacation. Have any suggestions??
- A killer playlist: Nothing says spring break like jamming out to great songs while driving along, windows down and heads bobbing. I would tell you some of the songs on my playlist, but I don’t think any of you would know them! Let’s just say, I don’t really listen to modern music…
- Printed shorts: I definitely thought these shorts would look super cute with a white tee, but after viewing these pictures, the outfit seemed to lack color, especially without the accessories. Nonetheless, printed shorts are a must for spring break to elevate your style game and add some sass to your outfits.
- A fresh manicure and pedicure: Clearly, I need to hop on this train because neither my nails nor toenails are currently painted. I love having a bright, fresh color on my nails, so I will definitely be picking one out for spring break.
- Your favorite face mask: Relaxation is the name of the game, and what sounds more relaxing than treating yourself to an at-home spa day?
- A cute swimsuit: I’m sooo ready for some pool time, but I need to do a little swimsuit shopping first. I actually hate shopping for swimsuits (why are they so expensive for a tiny piece of fabric?!) but I really like this ruffle suit.
- A flowy spring dress: As I was planning my weekly outfits yesterday, I realized my closet lacks a lot of color and spring dresses. This needs to be fixed! But until then, I’ll reach for my one super old but trusted teal and white striped dress. Anything you can twirl in is a winner in my mind.
What will you be packing for your spring vacation? Where are you headed? I’d love to know in the comments below!
Have a great Monday. If it’s feeling a little too Monday-ish for you (especially with Daylights Saving Time), just make a mental list of what to pack for spring break. I promise it will pass the time. 😉
Miles of smiles,
White Tee: A.N.A. via JCPenney, $9 // Pinstripe Floral Shorts: The Loft, $25 // Beaded Sandals: Camelback Inn & Resort gift shop, $20 // Black and White Sunglasses: Charming Charlie, $7 // Mermaid Purse: hand-made by my aunt