As much as I don’t want to admit it, summer officially comes to an end on Friday. In honor of that, I thought I’d talk about a few things I’ll miss about the season as well as what I’m looking forward to in the fall. Here we go!
What I’ll Miss About Summer:
- Sleeping in late. Even though I didn’t do a ton of sleeping in since I had to run before it got too hot out, it was always nice knowing the option was there. I haven’t gotten the chance to sleep in past 8:30 yet since school started!
- Spending warm nights outside as the sun sets and the bugs start to eat you alive. I just love hanging under the pretty colors of the sky and relaxing as the day shifts to night.
- Reading after breakfast. This is how most of my summer days went: I got up at 7, ran for 45ish minutes, ate a leisurely breakfast, and then read outside on the porch for 30 minutes to an hour. Such a great start to the day, and I got to finish The Da Vinci Code! Now that school has started, I have no time to read other than my…calc book. I know. It’s so exciting I can hardly handle it.
- Spending hours and hours on my blog. Okay, I admit, it was actually pretty frustrating to me that I would spend a whole day trying to figure out how to change one thing on my blog (like during my blog makeover), but at the same time, it was nice having SO much time dedicated solely to Graceful Rags! Now the blog is being neglected a tad…I just can’t help it! The first month of school is always crazy busy!
- Shorts. I got some cute shorts this year and I did not get to wear them nearly as much as I had wanted. None of them are in my school’s dress code, so they’re dedicated just to summer vacation.
- Not being stressed about tests all the time! I don’t think anything can substitute for that amazing feeling of not having any worries or things to study for. Oh, how I long for those days…
And now, before I start wallowing in self-pity, let’s move onto things I’m looking forward to about fall! I think fall might be my favorite season, if I can see past the start of school. I love all the pretty leaves, the crisp chill in the air, the overcast days, the sweater/booties fashion, the pumpkins, and the smells. How could you NOT love all of that?!
- Sunday afternoons curled up on the couch either reading a good book or watching a movie as the pitter patter of the rain echoes through your house. How relaxing does that sound?? I can’t wait. Gotta get me some good fuzzy socks.
- Rocking my favorite infinity scarf (you can see some cute scarf posts here, here, here, and here) with a fab pair of booties. I just love sweaters and boots and scarfs and cute mittens so much. I think this outfit was my favorite fall look from last year. (Fun fact! I wore that skirt to school yesterday with a grey sweater, grey textured tights, and orange flats.)
- Sipping on a tasty hot chocolate after school. I don’t drink coffee, but if I did, I’m sure I’d be all about that Pumpkin Spice Latte life. 😉
- Setting up Halloween decorations and rocking some costumes! I love Halloween and the dressing up (you can check out last year’s looks here and here) and I have some really fun posts planned for this October. 🙂
I could probably go on all day about what I’m going to miss in the summer and what I’m looking forward to in the fall…But unfortunately, one thing I’m not excited about for the fall is the “sick season”. I am already getting sick and my sinuses are on FIRE right now, but hopefully this at least means I’m getting it out of the way early. 🙂 That’s it for me—off to catch some ZZZs! What’s your favorite part about summer and fall?
Miles of smiles,
P.S. Ernest was hiding in the third and fifth pictures in Monday’s post. In the third, he’s perched on the fountain. In the fifth, he’s really hard to see but is walking on Noah’s Ark behind a rhino. 🙂 Also, I’ve been forgetting to say where I wore my outfits lately, so I wore this look to a Melissa Etheredge concert with friends.