Hey y’all! How’s your week going? Personally this week has been going by so slow…But I wore this outfit on Monday to school and got a ton of compliments, so that’s always nice. 🙂 Now to the heart of the matter: dresses. I just am very curious and have a few questions for all of you about this particular clothing item. Keep reading if you’re curious like I am. 😉
Near the very beginning of this year, I heard of a campaign called Dressember, which is where you can pledge to wear a dress every day of the month of December and raise donations to help end modern-day slavery. Pretty cool, huh? Then yesterday I noticed that Jenna from Visions of Vogue (I follow her on Instagram) is starting her own “where a dress for 30 days” just for fun. It made me wonder if I would enjoy wearing a dress each day for that long…I definitely do not have 30 dresses, so I’d have to re-wear and re-style a bunch (but I love doing that, so I don’t mind!). Keep scrolling to see all of my questions for you. 🙂
- Would you ever wear dresses for an entire month?
- Do you even like dresses?
- Do you generally save dresses for fancier occasions, or do you love to rock a casual dress for errands or the like?
- Do you prefer maxi dresses, midi dresses, or just normal length dresses?
- Do you ever have trouble finding dresses that you like/that are long enough?
- Do you gravitate towards strapless, sleeveless, short sleeve, or long sleeve dresses?
- Do you wear dresses more in a certain time of year (i.e. spring, summer)?
I could probably keep coming up with dress questions for a long while…I’m just such a curious person and I’d love to get to know my readers more, so please feel free to leave a comment to answer a few (or all, if you’ve got time to kill 😉 ) of the above questions!
Want to know my answers? Here they are:
- For a cause like Dressember, I would easily wear a dress every day for a month. However, I don’t think it’d be easy! As much as I love dresses and skirts, every now and again I need the comfort and ease of pants (you never have to worry about flashing someone, you can sit in whatever position you like). Also, I always have a day at least once a month where I wake up and am super lazy/tired so I just throw on my favorite cargo pants and call it day.
- Yes, I do like dresses! I love feeling super girly and dressed up—it puts a smile on my face. 🙂
- As you all probably know, I love to rock a casual dress (like today’s look) instead of saving nice dresses for a fancy occasion.
- I like all three types of dresses! However, I don’t own any maxi or midi dresses…I’m always afraid a midi dress will make me look shorter than I already am.
- Yes, I do have trouble finding dresses. The reason I don’t own any maxi dresses is because they’re always too long. And for normal dresses, it can be really hard to find cute ones that are long enough!
- As with all my clothes, I always try and buy a variety of types. The majority of my dresses, though, are sleeveless (but not strapless, I could never wear a strapless anything).
- I think I definitely wear more dresses in the summer! They’re so easy to slip on, plus, they keep you cooler than pants.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Let me know what you thought of this post—I know it’s kind of a weird one. Have a great Wednesday everyone. 🙂
Mile of smiles,
Anorak: JCPenney, $30, last seen here, similar here // Dress: Arizona via JCPenney, $25, last seen here, cute patterned dress here // Shoes: DSW, $19, last seen here, similar here // Hair Accessories: Icing, $7, similar here